Banksy




This is a guest post from Timothy.

Recently someone hit the paved trail at Terry Hershey park (where I run) with a graffito that reads , "If graffiti ment something it would be illegal," which reminded me of Banksy.

Because we were unable to watch the movie by Banksy, Exit Through the Gift Shop, I thought that I could make up for it by guest-blogging about Banksy. 

Most of my exposure to Banksy has been through his book, Wall and Piece, which I got as a present. If you're interested by Banksy's work, I would be glad to lend you the book. It's a pretty fun book, although it's often very sobering.

Here's a New Yorker (A very fine weekly publication) article on Banksy.

And this is the website of the French graffiti artist, Blek le Rat, who is considered to be Banksy's predecessor.

Here's a link to Banksy's website. He's rather flippant in his art, but in general too. Make sure to look at the development of the Robbo incident.

Lastly, this is quite possibly my favorite Banksy work. (Editor's note: it's probably my favorite, too.)

No comments: