Titian at the MFAH

It was fun to see some APAH All-Stars and see the Titian exhibit at the MFA.

I think there are probably about three paintings of the 13 that anybody would really want to spend some time with, though which three depends on the individual viewer. I found Titian's Diana and Actaeon captivating, and I also really liked a Virgin and Saints painting by Lotto. I don't think anyone in my party cared for the painting I dubbed "Boobs in a Petri Dish."

I've never had this reaction before, but overwhelmingly I thought of the cost of the show. Not the cost of the paintings, but the cost of admission. $17 seems a little high for 25 works (12 of them drawings). Even with the student discount, you're still paying a buck a painting.

So please go to the show and enjoy it. But find someone with a membership who can get you a free ticket.

No comments: